The Sound proudly presents Kiwi legends The Mockers reuniting after 30 years for a New Zealand tour. Special guests for all North Island shows are Delete Delete featuring members of Stellar* and Elemeno P
The Mockers enjoyed six Top 40 singles in the 1980s and played to huge crowds across the country, riding a wave of New Wave pop success with the likes of the Dance Exponents, DD Smash and the Narcs.
TOUR DATES & TICKETING DETAILS
• Thursday Jan 19: Altitude, Hamilton (Ticketek)
• Friday Jan 20: Powerstation, Auckland (Ticketmaster & AAA Ticketing)
• Sunday Jan 22: San Fran, Wellington (Ticketek)
• Tues Jan 24: Cabana, Napier (Ticketek)
• Wednesday Jan 25: Totara St, Tauranga (Ticketek)
• Thursday Jan 26: Mayfair, New Plymouth (Ticketek)
• Friday Jan 27: Glenroy Auditorium, Dunedin (Ticketmaster)
• Sunday Jan 29: Theatre Royal, Nelson (TicketDirect)
Christchurch fans don’t miss out - The Mockers headline the Great Kiwi Beer Fest in Hagley Park on Saturday January 28.
The Mockers will perform their classic hits like Forever Tuesday Morning, Swear It’s True, One Black Friday, My Girl Thinks She’s Cleopatra, Shield Yourself, and many many more.
Joining forces for the classic Mockers line-up are NZ-based Andrew Fagan (vocals), Brett Adams (guitar), plus Geoff Hayden (bass) - travelling from London, and keyboard maestro - Australian-based Tim Wedde. The reunion will also serve as tribute to Mockers drummer and friend Steve Thorpe, who passed away in 1986. Special guest drummer is huge Mockers fan, Chris O’Connor from the Phoenix Foundation.
Says Fagan: “This reunion tour is a great chance for the band to reconnect from all corners of the globe after so long apart, and share the Mockers songs with the very supportive fanbase we always enjoyed in New Zealand.”