Score The Sound ‘Taste of Summer’ Pack
We’re all about water safety this summer so to keep you safe out there we’re keen to hook you up with ‘The Sound Taste of Summer’ pack including a VHF radio!
To enter just text the keyword SUMMER to 339 along with your name and details.
Tips for keeping safe on the water:
- Always wear a life jacket - it’s compulsory on a boat 6m or less, including a paddleboard
- Take two forms of comms that’ll work for the area you’re heading to - for example a VHF radio & cell phone
- Keep speed down - remember it’s 5 knots within 200m of the shore or within 50m of an object or person
- Remember skipper responsibility - check and prep the boat
- And have a fun day - it’s never ruined by coming home safe
Refresh yourself on even more boating safety tips this summer at saferboating.org.nz
Because out on the water - Nobody’s faster than disaster!