1. A Saucerful of Secrets marked the end of Syd Barrett era as his erratic behaviour was becoming too unpredictable, he left Pink Floyd halfway through making the album. David Gilmour came onboard after his departure.
2. It is the only non-compilation album that features both Syd Barrett and David Gilmour.
3. It is Nick Mason's favourite Pink Floyd album.
4. David Gilmour used a small piece of steel to rub across the strings of his guitar from side to side to get his unique guitar tone. "Like an E-bow," he says.
5. "Jugband Blues" is the only Barrett composition on the album.
6. Roger Waters explained that the album was about war or a battle, noting that "Something Else" and "Syncopated Pandemonium" are the actual battle, "Storm Signals" is the aftermath of the battle and "Celestial Voices" is the mourning of the dead.