Electric Light Orchestra announces a new collection of their early U.K. singles and B sides, Electric Light Orchestra - The U.K. Singles Volume One: 1972-1978, is due to release this 21st September.
The collection focuses on E.L.O.'s early rarities and recordings that were originally available in the U.K. It will also feature over a dozen 45 RPM singles, all remastered from the original analogue recordings.
The 7-inch vinyl discs will also showcase reproductions of the original sleeves and labels that were first released in the '70s.
Nine of the singles collection include, Roll Over Beethoven, Evil Woman, Livin' Thing, Telephone Line, and Mr. Blue Sky have all reached the Top 10 British charts and remains among the world's best classic rock tracks.
A new concert documentary, "Jeff Lynne's ELO: Wembley or Bust", will premiere this Saturday at 1am in New Zealand time. It is said to celebrate E.L.O.'s career legacy and features Lynne's sold out E.L.O. performance at the famed Wembley Stadium in 2017.
The box set is available for pre-order. You can see the full tracklist below.
Electric Light Orchestra's The U.K. Singles Volume One: 1972-1978
- Disc 1: 10538 Overture b/w First Movement (Jumping Biz)* (1972 – U.K. No. 9)
- Disc 2: Roll Over Beethoven** b/w Queen Of The Hours (1973 – U.K. No. 6)
- Disc 3: Showdown b/w In Old England Town (Instrumental) (1973 – U.K. No. 12)
- Disc 4: Ma-Ma-Ma Belle b/w Oh No Not Susan (1974 – U.K. No. 22)
- Disc 5: Can't Get It Out Of My Head b/w Illusions In G Major (1974)
- Disc 6: Evil Woman b/w 10538 Overture (live) (1974 – U.K. No. 10)
- Disc 7: Nightrider b/w Daybreaker (live) (1976)
- Disc 8: Strange Magic b/w Showdown (live) (1976 – U.K. No. 38)
- Disc 9: Livin' Thing b/w Fire On High (1976 – U.K. No. 4)
- Disc 10: Rockaria! b/w Poker (1976 – U.K. No. 9)
- Disc 11: Telephone Line b/w Poor Boy (The Greenwood) / King Of The Universe (1977 – U.K. No. 8)
- Disc 12: Turn To Stone b/w Mister Kingdom (1977 – U.K. No. 18)
- Disc 13: Mr. Blue Sky b/w One Summer Dream (1978 – U.K. No. 6)
- Disc 14: Wild West Hero b/w Eldorado (1978 – U.K. No. 6)
- Disc 15: Sweet Talkin' Woman b/w Bluebird Is Dead (1978 – U.K. No. 6)
- Disc 16: The ELO EP: Can't Get It Out Of My Head / Strange Magic b/w Ma-Ma-Ma Belle / Evil Woman (1978 – U.K. No. 34)
All songs written by Jeff Lynne except:
*"First Movement (Jumping Biz)" written by Roy Wood
**"Roll Over Beethoven" written by Chuck Berry