Alan Parsons has released a new video for his new song, 'I Can't Get There From Here', taken from his upcoming album 'The Secret'.
The album marks his first release in over 15 years.
The new track features Jared Mahone on vocals while the music video includes scenes from the movie '5-25-77', that tells a tale of a young director who struggled to contain his excitement over the release of the first Star Wars film in 1977.
The film only had a short theatrical run in 2017 but was never had a general release despite spending 13 years in production. The song was written by Patrick Reed Johnson, who also wrote and directed '5-25-77' and the music video.
“We wanted to go back to the basic stylistic values of the albums past," Parsons tells Billboard. “We set out to come up with songs that could've been released on, say, 'Eye in the Sky' or 'I, Robot' or any of those albums. One of the things that people have said about my music is that it's timeless – the various albums could've been released in reverse order and no one really would've noticed the difference. I'm kind of stuck in a '70s/'80s time zone, I think, unable to escape it.”
See the full tracklist below.
Alan Parsons' 'The Secret' Tracklist
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (instrumental)
- Miracle (lead vocal: Jason Mraz)
- As Lights Fall (lead vocal: Alan Parsons)
- One Note Symphony (lead vocal: Todd Cooper)
- Sometimes (lead vocal: Lou Gramm)
- Soirée Fantastique (lead vocal: Todd Cooper, Alan Parsons)
- Fly To Me (lead vocal: Mark Mikel)
- Requiem (lead vocal: Todd Cooper)
- Years Of Glory (lead vocal: PJ Olsson)
- The Limelight Fades Away (lead vocal: Jordan Huffman)
- I Can't Get There From Here (lead vocal: Jared Mahone)