A new Guns N' Roses turntable has just been announced by Hi-Fi company, Pro-Ject.
Based on their Essential III A model, Pro-Ject says that GNR is a rock music staple. "Everything in a classic GnR track sounds real, everything fits together and everything sounds better than many modern recordings," Pro-Ject says. "So, what better way to experience their iconic sound in the modern era than with an award-winning turntable that’s designed in their honour?"
The appearance of the turntable is unique because it is the first time they have used a meticulous printing process to print the artwork onto the 12" Acryl-IT E platter. "The end result is a yellow hue that glows above the gloss black MDF plinth, which itself features a small logo underneath the tonearm’s rest position," the company describes.
The record player will also feature an Ortofon OM 10 elliptical cartridge, a belt drive system with a precision diamond-cut aluminium pulley, and an 8.6 inches aluminium tonearm. The turntable estimates to cost around $817 NZD.
- Special Artist Series edition of the Essential III A
- Gloss black MDF plinth with GNR artwork
- Special printed Acryl-IT E platter shows GNR artwork
- High-quality aluminium tonearm
- Factory-fitted Ortofon OM 10 moving magnet cartridge
- Low-noise 9V motor with built-in AC generator
- Supplied with sturdy dust cover
- Hi-fi quality performance from a world-leading analogue audio company
- Speeds: 33 & 45 RPM (Manual Speed Change)
- Drive Principle: Belt Drive
- Speed Drift: 33 = 0.21% / 45 = 0.19%
- Wow & Flutter: 33 = 0.70% / 45 = 0.60%
- Platter: 300mm Acrylic
- Main Bearing: Stainless Steel
- Tonearm: 8.6" Aluminium
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5mm
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0g
- Included Accessories: Power Supply, Dust Cover, RCA Cables
- Power Consumption: 4.5W max.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 420 x 112 x 330mm
- Weight: 5.0 kg (net.)
GNR aren't the company's first artist collaboration. They also have an artist series that features The Beatles and Rolling Stones.