An unreleased track titled 'I'll Stand by You' by Bruce Springsteen has been featured on an upcoming film, 'Blinded by the Light'.
The film's soundtrack features twelve classic songs like 'Born to Run', 'Prove it All Night', 'Dancing in the Dark', and the title track, 'Blinded by the Light'. The soundtrack also includes three live tracks of 'Thunder Road', recorded at Roxy in Los Angeles (1975), 'The River' from 'No Nukes' tour (1979) and 'The Promised Land' from Concert for Valor (2014) in Washington, D.C.
The first emergence of 'I'll Stand by You' was submitted for inclusion in the second Harry Potter movie, 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' but it was turned down. A bootleg of the song appeared about two years ago. This will mark the song's first official release.
Listen to the old bootleg version of the song below.
Directed by Gurinder Chadha, the British comedy-drama film is inspired by a real journalist named Sarfraz Manzoor, who was deeply obsessed with the Boss' music. Based on his book, 'Greetings from Bury Park: Race, Religion and Rock N' Roll', the film follows a British-Pakistani Muslim teen, Javed, who changed his life entirely after discovering Springsteen's music.
"As a lifelong Bruce fan, I am delighted how this soundtrack takes you through the experience of watching my movie with Springsteen music complemented by the other tracks, including very personal tracks — from my dad's favourite song to a British Bhangra anthem," Director Chadha said in a press release. "Growing up, Sarfraz and I could never have imagined a universe where all these songs would be on one soundtrack reflecting our lives."
See the soundtrack tracklist below.
'Blinded by the Light': Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Tracklist
- Ode to Javed/Javed's Poem – A.R. Rahman
- It's a Sin – Pet Shop Boys
- The Sun Always Shines on T.V. – a-ha
- The Boss of Us All (dialogue)
- Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- You Should Be Listening to Our Music (dialogue)
- I Never Knew Music Could Be Like This (dialogue)
- *The River – Bruce Springsteen (live)
- Number One Paki Film (dialogue)
- Badlands – Bruce Springsteen
- Cover Me – Bruce Springsteen
- Thunder Road – Bruce Springsteen (live)
- Get Outta My Way Fascist Pigs – Amer Chadha-Patel
- Do It For Me (dialogue)
- Prove It All Night – Bruce Springsteen
- Hungry Heart – Bruce Springsteen
- You, Me…and Bruce (dialogue)
- Because the Night – Bruce Springsteen
- Maar Chadapa – Heera
- The Promised Land – Bruce Springsteen (live)
- Blinded by the Light – Bruce Springsteen
- Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
- *I'll Stand By You – Bruce Springsteen
- *For You My Love – A.R. Rahman