Paul Simon brought out the Grateful Dead's Bob Weir on stage at his closing set for Outside Lands Festival, San Franscisco.
Paul Simon reminisced his time in the city's Haight-Ashbury district in the '60s and Monterey Pop Festival in '67 to the crowd before surprising thousands of attendees by welcoming Weir to the stage to cover Simon & Garfunkel's 'The Boxer'.
"... we've known each other ever since [Monterey Pop Fest]. But actually, this is our first duet," Simon told the crowd.
Watch the video of their duet below.
Paul Simon 'Outside Lands Festival 2019' Setlist
- Late in the Evening
- The Boy in the Bubble
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
- Dazzling Blue
- That Was Your Mother
- Mother and Child Reunion
- Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard
- Rene and Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After the War
- Can't Run But
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- The Obvious Child
- Spirit Voices
- The Cool, Cool River
- Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
- You Can Call Me Al
- America (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- The Boxer ft. Bob Weir (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- Still Crazy After All These Years
- American Tune
- The Sound of Silence