According to Nielsen Music's report that covers music sales in the States, the Beatles' Abbey Road album was named the No. 1 best selling vinyl LP of the 2010 decade.
The album celebrated its 50th anniversary late last year with a new box set that sold over 246,000 units, earning the best selling album of 2019 in the same format.
You can see the Top 10 albums below.
- The Beatles - Abbey Road (558,000)
- Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon (376,000)
- Various Artists: Guardians of the Galaxy OST (367,000)
- Bob Marley & the Wailers: Legend (364,000)
- Amy Winehouse: Back to Black (351,000)
- Michael Jackson: Thriller (334,000)
- Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (313,000)
- Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (304,000)
- Miles Davis: Kind of Blue (286,000)
- Lana Del Rey: Born to Die (283,000)
The report also provided some interesting trends in the last decade where Queen topped the Rock genre in terms of sales, just 50,000 more than the Beatles, many thanks to the band's recent biopic film that was released. Their 'Bohemian Rhapsody' soundtrack garnered 1,162,000 units sold.
In 'Global Growth Areas', Nielsen also reports that Classic Rock is the top genre choice for the United States and Canada while Rock is in second place after Pop in the UK.