After months of waiting, Queen + Adam Lambert are finally in the country for their three MASSIVE stadium shows at Wellington, Auckland and Dunedin.
The Rhapsody Tour kicks off at Wellington's Sky Stadium on 5th Feb, Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on the 7th and Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin on the 10th.
- Click here for a guide to their concert at Wellington's Sky Stadium.
- Click here for a guide to their concert at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium.
Here is everything you need to know if you are attending the Forsyth Barr Stadium gig.
Gates open at 6 pm
Address: 130 Anzac Avenue, Dunedin
Arriving on foot:
Forsyth Barr Stadium is an easy 20-minute walk from the Octagon, connecting with all major bus services.
Arriving by bus:
There are normal timetabled bus services from the city centre to the Albany/Forth Street area. Check timetables here.
Arriving by bike:
Bike stands are available outside the Stadium for cyclists.
Arriving by car:
Limited car parking is available in the immediate area surrounding the Stadium. On event day, access to the Stadium east end carpark is only for Forsyth Barr Stadium Members with parking permits. Traffic will be extremely heavy, so the closer you park to the Stadium, the longer it will take you to leave the area after the match. There is a walkway linking the wharf area from Wickliffe Street near the corner of Fryatt Street to Forsyth Barr Stadium. There is free car parking all around this harbour area.
Arriving by taxi:
Dunedin’s taxi companies will be very busy during events, so we recommend you pre-book for both legs of the journey.
Food & Beverage:
Throughout the Stadium, there are numerous food and beverage outlets offering a wide variety of snacks, meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Full EFTPOS facilities are available.
Mobility Access Points:
- Speight's Stand (South) via Gate J (lift access available to all levels)
- North Stand via Gates C and E (accessible ramp)
Throughout the Stadium seating plan there are approximately 100 mobility spaces – each with a companion seat allocated. Please mention at the time of booking if you require a mobility space. Other features within the Stadium include floor-mounted dimples near stairwells, to alert people who have sight issues, as well as mobility toilet facilities in both the North Stand and Speight's Stand.
First in, first served basis in the East End carpark between Gates E & F.
A mobility pass must be visible within the vehicle and all car park regulations must be adhered to. Once these car parks are full, additional mobility spaces are sometimes available on Logan Park Drive on event days. You can also drop-off at the Stadium through the East End car park, or near Gate D. Vehicles must leave the Stadium grounds after dropping off.
Allowed Items // Banned Items:
- A small bag that can fit under your seat, no larger than 300mm x 210mm (A4 size)
- One empty clear plastic water bottle (up to 1 litre) Please note that depending on the security requirements of the event, the lid may be removed and discarded on entry
- Homemade food - sandwiches, cakes, fruit
- Special foods for dietary requirements
- Baby food and liquids
- Small tetra-pak fruit juices
What you cannot bring:
- Bottles of water larger than 1 litre or with broken seals
- All alcohol
- All soft drinks
- Glass bottles and cans - this includes glass perfume bottles
- All commercial products - including crisps, takeaways, chocolates, lollies etc. This includes these being taken from packets and transferred into containers.
- Chilly bins or picnic hampers of any size, large backpacks
- Strollers, pram or pushchairs
- Tripods, Go Pros, selfie sticks or video cameras are permitted.
No recording devices for commercial purposes.
Sky Stadium is a smoke free venue. Smoking is only permitted:
On the plaza area between the turnstiles and the main doors to the enclosed public gallery.
At the emergency exit spiral ramp at the northern end of the Stadium (between aisle 34 and 35).
For more information, head to the Forsyth Barr Stadium website.